Introverts unite!

Favorite Homemade Dishes Binge

By 2:50 PM , , , , , ,

I have a love-hate relationship with cooking. On one hand, my cooking, for the most part, leaves little to be desired.. Case in point: I made adobong hipon & escabeche for my boyfriend a couple of months back & both dishes fell so short. He was kind and ate everything up regardless, but trust me when I say it was a disaster. The shrimp was overcooked & too salty, and the escabeche tasted nothing like I've had in the Philippines. On the other hand, I've made dishes that are delicious and that I go back to time and time again. I'll attempt to rattle off how I did them in lieu of an actual recipe because, for the most part, I "wing it".


I love salmon, which explains why salmon toast is my favorite out of all three featured on this post. 
  1. Toast two pieces of sliced bread, preferably wheat & whole grain (You can make one sandwich or two, if you prefer an open faced sandwich - like the ones I have above. Less calories, more protein y'all). 
  2. Spread jalapeno flavored cream cheese evenly (or thickly - I'm not judging you, promise) on bread & top with sliced cucumbers, arugula & smoked salmon.
  3. For toppings, add whatever you want - hummus, pesto basil sauce, pickles. The list is endless. Personally, I prefer pepper, ground basil, olive tapenade & pesto basil sauce as my go-to toppings. There you have it - enjoy!
This grilled cheese egg-plosion is a fun dish to make for breakfast and is a pretty sumptuous meal to start the day.
  1. Cut a hole or any shapes in your bread. In this case, I opted for a circle because it was easier and I was hungry. Heat up your frying pan and melt some butter.
  2. Put ace the bread onto your frying pan & crack open an egg in the hole. You can see where this is going right?
  3. When it's cooked, put a piece of sliced cheese on top of the bread & promptly flip over to the other side. Make sure you pick the kind of cheese that melts! I prefer cheddar for this. Once both sides are cooked, you have a delicious breakfast to show for it.


This soyrizo egg scramble may be one of my favorite homemade all day meal. I mean, it's a breakfast dish for sure, but because of its high protein content, I've been known to making it for dinner after a good workout.

1. Heat a frying pan up and put a couple tablespoons of olive oil. Once it heats up, put fry garlic for a few seconds then fry some soyrizo until it's crisp and brownish in color.
2. Saute the rest of your vegetables (i.e. mushrooms, spinach, bell pepper) for the amount of time necessary to cook them well.
3. Add egg and scramble them together in the pan until it reaches a crisp, golden brown color - or at least that's what I like. Cook depending on your preference.

So those are my favorite homemade dishes. What are yours?

You Might Also Like

0 comments