Introverts unite!

Birthday Celebration: Day One

By 2:16 AM , , , , , , ,

My 26th birthday might just be the best birthday I've ever had so far, and I'll tell you why. Aside from the fact that I've gotten some pretty special birthday greetings (you all know who you are and I love you all), I'm just at a point in my life where I feel so blessed and loved by people surrounding me.

Two months before my actual birthday, my boyfriend asked if I could take time off of work because he was taking me somewhere special. While I must admit he had to finagle my yes, I eventually conceded. A couple of weeks before my birthday, I asked for clues to help me prepare and he merely told me,"Wear something cute and comfortable. But mostly comfortable". On the day of my actual birthday, I woke up late even though we had initially planned to be on the road at 7:30 a.m. but I'm the birthday girl so whatever. Haha! He took me to Foxy's for their Lox Benedict, which is one of my favorite breakfasts of all time. My boyfriend got the Ahi Tuna wrap and split pea soup. I forgot to take photos since I was really hungry. Nevertheless, favorite breakfast? Check! We were off to a good start!

While I had my suspicions as to where he was taking me, I was never quite sure until I saw the exit - Disneyland Drive. WE'RE GOING TO DISNEYLAND!

As soon as we got there, we put a fast pass in for the Space Mountain then fell in line for Star Tours. It was a fun ride albeit a short one. I loved being able to see R2D2 and C3PO. In fact, C3PO was our purported pilot as we journeyed through Otoh Gunga. My boyfriend told me that different Starspeeder cars go to different courses. I kind of hoped we got the Coruscant one, but Otoh Gunga was super fun as well.

Next, we went to the Haunted Mansion, which was probably one of my favorite rides in Disneyland. The effects were fascinating and I kind of fell in love with that scene in the ballroom with all the dancing ghosts. Afterwards, we went to Splash Mountain, which is also one of my favorite rides. I mean, sure my feet got wet and my boyfriend decided to take a photo of my ugliest expression during the 50 feet drop because it was "adorable", but I really enjoyed that ride.

We went to the Matterhorn ride afterwards, and I practically screamed my head off. I honestly should have realized right then and there that *maybe* roller coasters aren't my thing, but it was my birthday and I was feeling adventurous. The teacup ride was just adorable to be honest, and my boyfriend and I took a video of each other throughout the entire ride, one of which I've shared on my instagram.



After the teacup ride, our fast pass for Space Mountain was up so we immediately made our way there. Can I just say that the Space Mountain was extremely terrifying for me that I made my right wrist sore trying to hold too tightly onto the lap rail? Yep, that happened. Not only did my boyfriend determine that I probably won't find Six Flags fun, I practically swore up and down to never set foot in Six Flags for my sanity and larynx's sake.

We got lunch at Tomorrowland and watched the Star Wars show while eating then quickly headed to the Pirates of the Caribbean ride immediately after. Compared to Space Mountain, the ride was tame and, dare I say, a little bit romantic at some point. Afterwards, we took the Indiana Jones, It's a Small World & Dumbo rides respectively.

This is the facade for the It's a Small World ride. It was a magnificent view even from afar, and I just knew I had to take a photo. Isn't it gorgeous?

My boyfriend was pleasantly surprised that we had managed to go on all the go-to rides, and I was feeling a bit disappointed that there weren't any Disney princesses and that Disneyland was a bit underwhelming. If it wasn't for my boyfriend's awesome company, I wouldn't have had as much fun as I've had. But wow, Disney apparently thought that I was long overdue for my own pleasant surprise.

As soon as the clock hit 7:45 p.m. the Paint the Night parade begun, and my night light & Disney-loving heart was on cloud nine! It was an amazing sight to behold and it completely made my entire night. Two minutes before the fireworks show, an announcement was made that it might be cancelled due to the high winds. Everyone made a moan of disappointment, which I believe, made a difference as to what they decided on doing instead. And yes, you guessed it. They totally did the fireworks show regardless of the previous announcement. Once the firework show started in celebration for Disney's 60th anniversary, I almost died of pure and utter bliss.








Trust me, the photos don't even do it any justice. The fireworks show was spectacular, and I could totally see why Walt Disney meant for it to be a "kiss good night". I'm just so happy that it wasn't cancelled - that was quite a show to miss! I even told my boyfriend that I'd be willing to pay the entirety of Disney tickets for the fireworks show alone. I mean, pragmatically speaking, I'm not going to do it, but in theory, I totally would.


Afterwards, we got dinner in Downtown Disney, specifically at Crossroads. We ordered the Lobster Mac & Cheese and Blackened Mahi-Mahi, which was the Market Fish of the Day.

I feel so blessed, so loved and just so content with my life right now. Don't get me wrong, I'm hustling hard to reach my career goals and all the other things I want to achieve. But right now, regardless of where I am in life, people who love me make me feel like I can do anything. In fact, Doby's birthday greeting on facebook could not have been worded more accurately,"To one of the most blessed woman I know, Happy Happy Birthday, Babe! I know you're happy already so just be happier until next year. And the year after next. And after that. And after after that. Forever! Hahahaha! Happy birthday babe!" 


Happy 26th birthday to me. <3

You Might Also Like

0 comments