Introverts unite!

JaneVentures: Venus Flytrap & Corpse Flower in the Prettiest Arboretum ever

By 6:40 PM , , , , , ,

I've been to a few botanic gardens in LA County - Los Angeles County Arboretum and Botanic Garden, The Getty Villa's botanic garden & Rancho Santa Ana Botanic Garden - and while all of them were endearing and awe-inspiring in their own right, nothing quite prepared me for the wonderfully curated arboretum that is Denver Botanic Gardens. It's not an overstatement to say that it's the best botanic garden I've seen so far.




This is the corpse flower or affectionately called as the Little Stinker from Sumatra. It blooms once in a blue moon and gives off quite a stench, or so I've heard. It wasn't blooming while we were there. If I remember it correctly, we missed the last time it bloomed by three years.


I don't know who this couple is but they made the perfect addition to this photo I took within the garden's greenhouse. It was so scenic & lush!





 'And his wide wings opened up and he dabbed... I mean, soared.'
 My favorite photo of our entire Denver day trip.


Insect hotel








I can actually see myself coming back here again. It's THAT pretty. If you're ever in Denver, I highly recommend this place. It's worth the $12 entrance fee, I promise.

You Might Also Like

0 comments