"I have new posts every Wednesday! Keep posted!"

2016: A Year in Review + 2017 Goals~

By 1:43 AM , , , , , ,

I know I'm repeating myself a lot lately but seriously, time flies!! I can barely remember 2016 starting and now we're about to usher in a new year. This post is going to be filled with nostalgia (a lot of reminiscing ladies and gents!), future hopes and epiphanies - I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed writing my last post for 2016!

A Year In Review
Inasmuch as numerous horrific things happened sociopolitically this year, there were a lot of good moments and memories that definitely overpowered the bad ones. **Photos are screenshots of my 2016 Facebook album.
Early in January: Phosphorescent art at the Last Projects, churro waffles from Semi-Tropic, a card & a reminder to love myself that my coworker gave me after she left the company, fog outside my apartment & random Russian goodies from my coworkers.

January 31: A fun and snow-filled winter at Mount Baldy with my lovely family.

February 23: A spontaneous Pasadena trip to try out a crepe studio and Belgian waffles!

February 25: My youngest sister's first dance recital of the year!

March 16: I convinced Romain to wake up at 5 am in order to catch the sunrise at the peak of Griffith Park. It was worth it!



April 14: Romain surprised me for my birthday and took me to Disneyland. I had a lot of fun, and the fireworks made my entire night.

April 17: Romain and I went to the Museum of Jurassic Technology. Afterward, I celebrated my birthday with my family.
Late in May: Romain and I met up with my college friend Theresa & her husband, Randy.

June 1: My sister's second dance recital of the year

Early in June: Romain and I visited the Rancho Santa Ana Botanic Garden

June 11: Imbibing on art at the Museum of Contemporary Art, The Last Bookstore and the Downtown LA art walk with Lea, Kathy, Gina and Firmin.

Late July: We went to Venice Beach in the middle of a fire in Santa Clarita. 

July: Romain and I went pedal boating at the Echo Park Lake. We fell in love with Mohinga from Daw Yee Myanmar & rice balls from Gam Tu Bap,

Early in August: Romain and I vacationed to Colorado together! Photos include our amazing hotel Basecamp Boulder, Smith-Klein Art Gallery and Boulder Bookstore.

August: Gorgeous Boulder Public Library and some photos of the University of Colorado campus.
August: Arapahoe trail towards Flatiron mountains and Boulder Museum of Contemporary Art

August: Beautiful Boulder Creek, Avery Brewing Company and Fiske Planetarium


August: We got on a bus and went to Denver to visit the Denver Botanic Gardens, which is probably one of the most beautifully curated gardens I've seen in my entire life.

Mid-September: Romain and I decided to spend a couple of days in Oxnard where we had the second most delicious Mexican food we've had, inhaled a lot of sea air and had a really good chocolate cupcake as well as fresh fruits!

October: We went to an Event Rockit food fest in Downtown Los Angeles, tried Joon Shabu Shabu and celebrated Romain's birthday at Sushi Go 55.
November: Hanging out with friends & family.

December: My work's Christmas party

December: Christmas reunion with Theresa & Randy


Goals for 2017:
  1. In 2016, I have been more mindful about taking care of myself both mentally and physically. So I promise to even be better at it this year.
  2. Meditate and do yoga more often. Just like changing the course of my thoughts into something that would be more productive, meditation and doing yoga has been statistically shown to increase mental fortitude as well. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments